Friday, May 27, 2011

Ray & Jan

They met one night in October
Was it a Halloween trick?
Or had he really met a princess?
He was going to find out quick!

November came along,
And there was much to be thankful for.
She was just what he had dreamed of...
He couldn't ask for more.

In December she said "I do"
And became his beautiful wife
It was more than he had imagined.
It was the beginning of a beautiful life.

They went on to raise six children
With support from their family and friends.
Their love for each other continued to grow.
It seemed to have no end.

Now it's forty years later
And each one still depends on the other.
For laughter, for comfort, for kindness.
They are constant support to each other.

So here's to you Mom and Dad
For all that you have been,
Partner, Parents, Lovers
But most of all, Friends.

[peph]

I know I've read this poem before - a long time ago - but I've always loved it. I stumbled upon it once again and had to post it. It really is one of my favorites that my mom has written. Of course it was from a long time ago and they'd been together for longer than forty years. Grandpa Ray passed away April 24, 2010. One thing that all of us in the family remember spending hours just staring out the windows watching all the beautiful birds out on many bird feeders in the yard. He's the reason I'm in love with Goldfinch birds now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this poem. I love it!!! Your thoughts after it mean alot to me also!! You are a special Person Stacy Rae!!! I love you more than you will ever know!!! Love, Your Favorite Aunt!!!

    ReplyDelete