Thursday, May 5, 2011

Old Notes

I asked my mom for some of poems so that I could look through them and post a few on here. The last time she handed me a big folder filled with many papers. In between all the poems I found a piece of paper with this:

"The Proton excellerator produces ozone which causes a smell of blech. (Great - I finally get a little time away from home and the kids and I have to smell laundry the whole time!)Most of the other patients that I talked to are receiving 30 treatments. Since the tumor I have is so hard to kill, I will receive 44. I have passed the half way mark! 23 down, 21 to go. Last treatment is scheduled for April 20th."

And:

"Mayo Clinics radiation program offered me a 50/50 chance of controlling my tumor for about 5 years, the risk of side effects (blindness, loss of cognitive thinking) was considerable. Chance of permanent recovery 0%.
Loma Linda's Proton radiation offered me a 70-80% chance of permanent control - no more surgery - and a 5-10% chance of side effects (blindness, deafness, loss of cognitive thinking). These odds are definitely in my favor."

No comments:

Post a Comment