Sunday, April 17, 2011

Four Year Old Me

When you are four years old and home alone with your mom, the last thing you do is worry. All you think about doing is playing, eating, and just messing around. Sometimes cleaning if that's what is in store for the day - tons of fun, right? One night when I was four, I was home with my mom and I don't actually remember what we were doing at the time, but when I looked back at her, she was having a Grand Mal seizure [loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions]. I honestly had no idea what to do, but I did make her lay down on the bed and I just hope with all my heart that my dad would be home soon. I guess I can say I was pretty lucky because it was only a few seconds later that my dad pulled into the drive way and took over so I could go into the other room and try not to think about what had happened. With me being four it was pretty easy to put it behind me within a few days, but over the years it has come back into my mind and made me realize how scary it was and how lucky I was that I wasn't alone for that long with her because I don't know what I would have or could have done. Needless to say, that is one of my first memories because it was the most terrifying thing I went though at that age - or any age, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment